When looking for the best moisturizer for men, there are a few simple things to think about before racing out to the store. While good intentions and frequent application will help you benefit from these wonder creams, you need to know where you’re going to be putting the moisturizer in order to find the best one. The body has different skin care needs depending on locations, and moisturizers meet those demands.
If you have areas of noticeably dry skin, look for a specific cream to target that area. This will ensure you get the exact nutrients lacking from your skin. If you are looking for a way to keep your skin in great shape, consider an all-action moisturizer that can nourish from head to toe. There’s no harm is using more than one moisturizer, and given that your skin is that largest and most visible organ, you would benefit from keeping it in shape!
The best moisturizers for men are suitable for most skin types, but watch out for added oils and alcohols that can reverse the benefits.
1. Jack Black Industrial Strength Hand Healer for Men
Hands are the target for dry and chapped skin in many men, especially those who work with their hands or spend time outdoors. This tube is small enough to pop into a gym back, and will repair moderate to severe damage using intensive Vitamin A and E (the essential nutrients lacking from brittle skin). As an added bonus, rice bran oil also seeps into the nail bed, and helps to restore manageable cuticles, so you don’t have to worry about spending lots of time preparing and preening for hands that are more presentable.
How to use hand cream:
- Apply a dime sized portion and rub into the hands and nails
- Pay special attention to the areas that show signs of dryness or damage
- Make sure you apply frequently to maintain softer, smoother skin
Photo credit: Savvy Apothecary
2. Clinique Skin Supplies for Men ‘M’ Shave Aloe Gel
The face is another area prone to dry, irritated skin. Symptoms include acne, oily residue, or dry spots. As the face is sensitive, choose a moisturizer that is hypoallergenic and free from oil and alcohols, such as Clinique Skin Supplies for Men, to ensure you don’t add to the problem. This moisturizer goes the extra mile and is a dual-action shaving gel that gets under thick, heavy beards for a closer shave. The Aloe soothes the irritation and provides long-lasting itch relief.
How to use face cream:
- Apply a dime sized portion and rub into the face and neckline
- Use the cream during or after shaving, cleansing, or washing to restore moisture
- You can apply the product more often if you suffer from long-term dryness
Photo credit: Amazon
3. Vaseline Men Lotion, Body and Face, Extra Strength
When looking for a body moisturizer for men, Vaseline Men Body and Face is a great choice that repairs intensive dryness, and can help your skin look and feel refreshed. You should be using an allover body moisturizer daily, as hot water and sun can dry out skin. Formulated for men, this product absorbs quickly and contains additional supplements designed for dry and resilient skin. This product does have a masculine fragrance, something to consider, but is not overpowering or flowery.
How to use body cream:
- Apply one or two tablespoons into your hands, and work from the bottom to top
- Pay attention to feet, knees, elbows, and other dry spots
- Use this product when you get out of the shower, damp skin will absorb it faster
Photo credit: Amazon
4. Men Science Advanced Lip Protection SPF 30
The lips are one of the most sensitive areas, with painful consequences. If you have suffered from dry, irritated lips, you will know that it can take a while to restore balance. Prevention is cure, so always keep a discreet tube of Advanced Lip Protection with you, or in the car. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but look for high SPF to defend against sunrays, and a long-lasting and non-greasy formula.
How to use Chap Stick:
- Apply a thin coat to the lips as needed (more often when outdoors or in AC)
Photo credit: Amazon
5. For men Ultimate Foot Cream with Dead Sea Minerals (Very Dry Skin)
While you may use an all-over body moisturizer, the feet still benefit from extra care. Your feet carry you from A to B, and take on a lot of pressure. Dry feet can cause painful sores and swelling, so look for a moisturizer that can penetrate the skin and offer immediate relief to worn out feet. The Dead Sea minerals are the same top of the line ingredients you will find in a salon, and rescue skin with an assortment of deep moisturizing nutrients. Use this after showers and more often if you have very dry skin.
How to use foot cream:
- Apply a dime size portion to each foot, working the lotion into the nail and toes
- Always apply foot cream on dry, clean feet that are freshly washed
- Pay attention to the soles, toes, and heels to make sure you target dryness
Photo credit: BlueJay
So now you know how to use the best moisturizer for men, which one will you be testing out right away? Leave a comment below, and encourage others to get on board! The Ultimate Guide to Grooming also has many practical tips that can help you get your skin in tiptop shape, what are you waiting for?