Having acne is definitely something you thought you would outgrow after you passed into your twenties, but sometimes stubborn back acne – bacne – can persist for years. Having oily skin is one of the trademarks of those that suffer from this issue, but you don’t have to live with this condition forever. Here are a few simple tips for how to get rid of back acne once and for all.
Identify your skin type
Once you know which skin type you have, you can choose a treatment option. What works well for oily skin might not work or may exacerbate the problem for someone with sensitive skin. For more information, check out what’s your skin type?
Determine the severity
Most over the counter remedies work well on mild to moderate cases, those with severe cases are recommended to see a dermatologist. The good news, most people have mild or moderate cases and can treat their skin using affordable, over the counter products and a few small changes to their hygiene routine.
How to get rid of back acne:
- Wash with warm water.
- Use a loofah to gently exfoliate the skin – being too rough can cause more break outs.
- Let the soap penetrate the skin for a few minutes before you rinse it off – give it a chance to get in and work its magic.
- Keep your body hydrated properly – the more water you drink, the clearer your skin will be.
- Use an oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin clean and clear – after all, it’s the oils that naturally occur in our skin that clog the pores, creating acne in the first place.
- Shower once or twice a day, shower after any workout, and rinse thoroughly during any shower – make sure you get all the dirt and oil off your body.
- Take a minute or two to gently dry off after showering – letting your skin breathe is a great way to eliminate oils from accumulating and causing problematic breakouts.
- Treat blemishes with a solution containing 2.5% benzol peroxide. Using a higher percentage of benzol peroxide will only irritate skin and possibly cause more breakouts rather than heal the blemishes you already have.
- Eat a diet lower in fats and oils – our body excrete excess oils any way it can, and often that is through the skin. You want to minimize the amount of oils in your body – this will go a long way to giving you the clean, clear skin – and eliminating bacne – and any other acne you may have.
Use these steps and notice the unsightly bacne disappear.