It doesn’t matter if you tailgate from the stadium parking lot or your couch, what team you support, or how many people are in your posse. What matters is that you join the 240 million people who tailgate at least once a year and do something! According to a recent study, 80 percent of the U.S. population have tailgated at one time or another.
Whether you need to brush up on your skills, or you want to become the King of the Tailgate, check out these seasonal recipes from Crown Royal and George Dickel.
What’s in it:
- .3 cup Crown Royal Canadian Whisky®
- .3 cup Honey, SueBee®
- .25 cup Soy sauce, Kikkoman®
- 2 Tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 packet (0.75-ounce) stir-fry seasoning, Sun Bird®
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic, Gourmet Garden®
- 4 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- 3 scallions (green onions), finely chopped (optional)
- .25 cup chopped peanuts, Planters® (optional)
How it works: In a large bowl, combine whisky, honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, stir-fry seasoning, and garlic. Add drumettes, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking. Let drumettes stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place on hot, oiled grill. Cook for 12 to 18 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Transfer chicken to a platter. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and peanuts (optional).
George Dickel No. 12 Barbecue Sauce
(recipe by Adam Perry Lang)
What’s in it:
- 1 cup of Honey
- 1 cup of White Vinegar
- 1 cup of George Dickel Tennessee Whisky No. 12
- 3 cups of Your Favorite Barbecue Sauce
How it works: In a low pan, add honey, white vinegar and George Dickel Tennessee Whisky No. 12 over medium heat. Cook mixture until you hear a frying sound and alcohol is cooked off. Add barbecue sauce and stir to combine. Place back on fire and let simmer for at least 10 minutes.