Basil Hayden’s Corrupt Old Fashioned and Basil Hayden’s Nucky’s Weakness are two cocktails that are inspired by the characters you know and love – made with the Super Premium quality and trademark spicy finish of Basil Hayden’s bourbon, these cocktails are sure to help you toast the series’ return to the silver screen!
Basil Hayden’s® Corrupt Old Fashioned
Recipe by Shawn Thompson (Chicago, IL)
- 1 1⁄2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 2 dashes of Bitters
- 2 tsp Demerara Sugar
- 1⁄8 Blood Orange (or Clementine Orange)
- 1 Griottine® Cherry
- Splash of Soda Water
- In a rocks glass, muddle the cherry and blood orange with the skin removed in the sugar.
- Add bitters and Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Top with a splash of soda water and garnish with a slice of blood orange.
Basil Hayden’s® Nucky’s Weakness
- 1½ parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- ¾ Part Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Basil Leaves
- ¾ Part Honey Syrup*
- Muddle lemon juice, basil and honey syrup in a mixing tin.
- Add Basil Hayden’s® bourbon and shake lightly for 5 seconds.
- Strain into a double old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice and garnish with a thick grapefruit rind.
- Combine 3 parts honey with 1 part hot water.
- Stir until completely combined.