It’s easy to feel frustrated by the hundreds of skincare products being pushed in your direction; sure, you appreciate the right to choose, but when there’s Product X, Product Y, and a newly-launched Product Z in the mix, where are you supposed to start? How do you know what works best for your skin?
The key is in the label. Know the active ingredients and their benefits and you’ll have won half the battle. Your skin might be tough, but remember that using stronger ingredients or more potent products isn’t necessarily better. Keep it natural, opt for simple, and always go for gentle.
Let’s talk seaweed, because too few are aware of the countless benefits seaweed provides when found in skincare products…
- Rich in antioxidants, Vitamins A1, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, K, and over 60 trace elements providing anti-aging benefits.
- Ascorbic acids and trace elements help protect the skin from damaging free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory properties aid in reducing redness and flare-ups from acne and most skin conditions. Perfect for acne, combination, dry and sensitive skin types.
- Absorbs quickly to moisturize and nourish skin. (Researchers have found that nutrients from seaweed are better able to penetrate deeply into the skin more efficiently than other skincare ingredients.)
- Reduces moisture loss and increases level of hydration for dry skin, but also help maintain the skin’s natural moisture balance – making it perfect for combo and oily skin types as well.
- Disinfects and cleanses the skin.
- Promotes cell turnover that aids in maintaining skin’s elasticity.
- Balances texture and tone for a smoother, healthier complexion.
- Revitalizes and helps firm skin.
- Helps combat skin irritations and flare-ups.
- Helps reduce redness.
Seaweed is good for you, period. It’s packed with amino acids, minerals, trace elements, and vitamins essential in maintaining a healthy and youthful complexion. Seaweed is one in few ingredients that has been found to be suitable for all skin types, but know this: it’s especially beneficial for men. Routine shaving only aggravates already sensitive skin; use products containing seaweed and you’ll notice immediately that irritation, redness, razor burns and ingrown hairs reduced.
That’s why seaweed is the ingredient you need.
. . .
Author’s Bio: Kimberly Yang is a freelance writer and blogger currently working for Mario Badescu Skin Care. She tends to be verbose, so let’s keep it as short and sweet as possible. She writes and dances. A lot. Also pertinent: Aries, pescatarian, caffeine addict and lover of all things beautiful.