As bloggers, time is of the essence. From attending events to writing about trending fashion, it’s important to dial into information and put it out to you, our faithful readers, as soon as possible. Usually, our research is from real life experiences, but oftentimes, that involves traveling across the country, taking flights and staying in touch with the team. We’re sharing files, research, ideas, and photos or videos in real time. We’re booking meetings and scheduling projects and need instant access to a digital office. Thankfully, this is where Leveno 3 has helped us step up our a-game.
With a help from the Intel 2in1, Male Standard has been putting the new Windows 10 to the test, with features that work with the laptop and tablet magic of the #Intel2in1 Leveno 3 laptop we’re loving. Keep reading to find out how one laptop is changing how we’re making the most of the everyday!
Cortana Virtual Assistant
One of the most prominent features of Windows 10 is Cortana, their virtual assistant. If you’ve used a voice assistant on your phone then you’ll know this is the future of technology. If you’re unfamiliar with this feature, a voice assistant uses vocal commands to find and display information, keeping you hands-free. Cortana, however, is more than just a voice-activated search engine. It organizes your life in a human way. From setting reminders to identifying songs, Cortana is there to make your online experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Here are a few of the ways we’ve been using it:
- Track packages or flights – instead of moving from emails to web browsers to locating search information, Cortana smartly sees your tracking ID and locates your information when you input the ID into the Cortana search box.
- Organize events – from checking the weather to getting directions, Cortana can help you organize an vent step by step. You can also save all of the information offline too.
- Send emails – if you’re anything like us, maybe you send too many emails. Give your hands a break by sending emails by Cortana, the bonus is you’ll only say what needs to be said – literally saving you time!
- Find information – Google is great, but Cortana takes it to a new level. Plus, you can search any search engine you desire. If you need to look up any info, oice commands are the way to go!
- Sync data – And, you can save the info to your cal or email etc. making all of the above accessible on any device. Who wouldn’t want that?
Another feature we’ve been loving is the virtual desktops. We’ve seen this idea played out in various ways, such as the home screen on your smartphone, but it is only now we’re seeing the real benefits. Windows 10 sees a revamped Alt and Tab feature become a lifeline to syncing and organizing our modern lives. Our laptops are now tablets and need to be able to perform in the office, on the beach, and at home with ease. Virtual desktops allow you to make the most of each device and your time by creating workspaces.
This means you can essentially log out of our work day and into your play time by simply opening a new workspace. We found this was beneficial for productivity, especially if you are easily distracted. Think of workspaces like rooms in the bouse. You wouldn’t set up your home office next to a busy bathroom or your bedroom next to a tempting kitchen with midnight snacks, so why would you use a screen to manage all of your tasks? Building workspaces is easy, fun, and will save you tons of time.
Have you tried Windows 10? Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between Male Standard and Intel. This could include Intel providing us with content, product, access or other forms of payment.