How to get rid of bad breath? It’s something we have all wondered about and often wanted others to be as aware of as we are. We’ve all encountered a few definite no-nos in the world of bad breath. There’s onion breath (sometimes even garlic breath), there’s the booze breath where you feel like you just had a shot after smelling how potent the alcohol is on someone’s breath, and finally a heavy smokers’ dragon breath – the smell of smoke is so strong you feel like that person is breathing fire on you.
Nobody wants to have breath that atrocious, so here are a few tips to keep your breath smelling fresh, even if you did just have onions rings, fiery chicken wings, and a couple of beers while on your lunch break or a date.
- Keep a few simple, affordable tools handy like a mini mouthwash in your briefcase, car, or laptop bag. Also, some mint scented floss and gum are a good backup.
- Drink plenty of water to help flush out some of the causes of the odors in your mouth, this can help drowned some of the food odors you’re looking to flush out of your mouth. Quick rule of thumb – if you can still taste it, someone else can probably still smell it.
- After dinner mint, anyone? While those mints might seem old fashioned, they were offered for a very good reason. Keep some mints on your desk or handy at home for you to pop to help cover your breath. Not a fan of mints? Opt for mint flavored hard candies instead.
- Mini toothbrush and trial sized toothpaste – it can come in more handy than you might think. If you’re at work, you can always pop into the restrooms and have a quick brush. Nothing will do more to help you eliminate bad breath that a good brushing.
- Brush your tongue. Odors can lurk everywhere, so brush not just your teeth, but your tongue and even the roof of your mouth. Get down in the gums and brush firmly, but not too hard – you don’t want to tear the delicate tissue of your mouth.
There are a lot of ways to cut down on bad breath, these are just a few of the easier options to fit into your work day. Always have one of these tools for banishing bad breath on hand at home, in the car, at your desk, in your locker – after all, you never know when your breath is bad, but you’ve certainly encountered somebody who didn’t take the time to get rid of their bad breath problem.