Wednesday (August 16) is National Rum day, and what better way to celebrate than with one of our favorite rum merchants, Captain Morgan. We have four delicious recipes below to get you in the mood. There are two recipes made with the iconic Original Spiced Rum, perfect for laid back, traditional guys, or you can sample one of two new Captain Morgan LOCONUT recipes, for an intensely delicious blend of Caribbean rum, coconut liqueur, spice, and natural flavors: talk about an unforgettably rum experience. Variety, as they say, is the spice of life, so keep your options open (and drink responsibly) as we set sail into National Rum day.
- 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 4 oz. Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
- Mint Sprig
1) Muddle mint and lime in the bottom of a tall glass.
2) Add ice, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and ginger ale.
3) Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel. Stir and serve.
Morgan Mule Gelatin Shots
- 6 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 8.5 oz. ginger ale
- 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 envelops of lime gelatin (approx. 5.5 teaspoons)
Loco & Coco
- 3 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut
- 4 oz. Coconut Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water into a shaker with ice.
2) Shake and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
The Miami Vice
- 1.5 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut
- 1.5 oz. Coconut Water
- 0.75 oz. Captain Morgan White Rum
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
- 0.75 oz. Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water. Stir to combine.
2) Separately, combine Captain Morgan White Rum, strawberry daiquiri mix, and water. Stir to combine.
3) Fill a plastic freezie sleeve halfway up with strawberry daiquiri mixture. Top with LocoNut mixture and freeze overnight before serving.
You can find more intensely delicious recipes at https://us.captainmorgan.com/rum-cocktails/.