With fall in full swing and the end of the month approaching, it’s time to get into the Halloween spirit! Whether you’re dressing up to go out or hosting a party at home, one of the best parts of Halloween is the spooky cocktails. This year, Basil Hayden’s Bourbon and Knob Creek Bourbon have created two spicy bourbon cocktails that are sure to delight your costumed companions.
Basil Hayden’s Spice Apple Brew packs both sweet and spicy flavors into one unique tea-like potion that is the perfect addition to any Halloween celebration. Cooled black tea, crisp apple juice, tart lemon juice and the tangy flavor of ginger flawlessly combine to compliment the trademark spicy finish of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon. Mix up a large batch for a party or a few for yourself to accompany that scary movie marathon – however your celebrating, this brew is perfect for you.
Knob Creek Bourbon Street Nightmare is a tart and spicy potion perfect for any and all costumed festivities. Made with Knob Creek Bourbon, orange juice and blood orange syrup and garnished with a black licorice wheel, this cocktail is a one-of-a-kind libation to keep your celebration lasting long into Halloween night.
Basil Hayden’s® Spiced Apple Brew
Created by Thomas Waugh (New York, NY)
- 1 ½ parts Basil Hayden’s(R) Bourbon
- 1 ½ parts cool Lapsang Souchong Black Tea
- 1 part Apple Juice
- ½ part Lemon Juice
- ½ part Simple Syrup
- 1 dash Angostura(R) Bitters
- 1 slice of Ginger
- 1 Apple
- 2-3 sprigs of Mint
- Muddle small slice of fresh ginger in a cocktail shaker.
- Add Basil Hayden’s(R) Bourbon, black tea, apple juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters over ice and shake.
- Strain into a tall highball glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a fan of apple slices and mint sprigs.
Knob Creek® Bourbon Street Nightmare
- 3 parts Knob Creek Bourbon
- 3 parts Orange Juice
- 1/2 part Blood Orange Syrup
- Place all ingredients in a Hurricane glass over ice and mix well.
- Drizzle blood orange syrup over top and garnish with a black licorice wheel