While you might be staking out the barbecue this July 4, knowing how to present a fantastic cocktail to your guests is the ultimate in masculine sophistication. That’s why Male Standard teamed up with Basil Hayden and celebrity mixologist Rob Floyd to create two new and exclusive Pop-tails! These are our very own versions of a Popsicle, and are the perfect way to enjoy this coming Independence Day with other adults!
Rob Floyd working his magic behind the bar!
The Berry American and Spiced Chocolate Independence are great ways to beat the heat on the fourth and because bourbon is American made, they will leave you feeling patriotic! Plus, berries contain high levels of antioxidants that can help remove free radicals that prevent your skin from replenishing. Chocolate also has a secret component to looking and feeling good, and releases endorphins that are perfect for achieving a party atmosphere!
Introducing the Basil Hayden’s Berry American
- 7 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1 1/2 parts Elderflower Syrup
- 2 parts Water
- 2 parts Fresh Lime Juice
- 4-5 Strawberries, medium size
- 12 Blueberries
1. Pole a hole in each blueberry and soak in 4 parts of bourbon for 30 minutes. Set aside
2. Add strawberries to cocktail shaker and muddle
3. Add fresh lime juice, Elderflower syrup, remaining bourbon and water to the cocktail shaker and shake hard
4. Add to the Popsicle molds
5. Add three bourbon-soaked blueberries to each mold and freeze
Makes 6 popsicles
Basil Hayden’s Spiced Chocolate Independence
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 16 parts Low Fat Milk
- 1 1/2 parts Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 1/2 parts Sugar
- 1 bar of Dark Chocolate (4 oz. bar)
- 4-5 dashes Chipotle Chili Pepper
1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine milk, unsweetened chocolate, sugar and dark chocolate
2. Warm and stir continuously until all ingredients are combined (Do not boil)
3. Remove from heat and let cool
4. Add bourbon and chipotle chili pepper and stir
5. Add to Popsicle mold and freeze
Makes 6 popsicles
How Will You Stay Cool This Summer?
With the temperature soaring, we’re sure you’ll agree that staying cool this July 4 is an essential component of a successful celebration! We’ve been struck with the Popsicle fever and love that these are simple, look fantastic, and are a great talking point at any party. Simply mix up your own recipes to suit, and add a touch of liquor to complete the mix! Don’t forget to drink responsibly, and drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.