Whether you’re celebrating a big return or just looking to cope with what you owe, there isn’t a better way to celebrate the day’s end than with Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon. Basil Hayden’s® Refund Spice, a cocktail made with America’s Native Spirit, is a modern twist on two classic bourbon cocktails that have been around longer than Tax Day itself. The cocktail combines the spicy, trademark finish of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon with sweet honey syrup, tangy raspberry vinegar and tart grapefruit juice to make the perfect cocktail to end tax season.
Basil Hayden’s® Refund Spice
Created by Marie Zahn (Louisville, KY)
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 1 tsp. Honey Syrup*
- 1 tsp. Raspberry Vinegar
- Grapefruit Soda
1. Add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, honey syrup and raspberry vinegar over ice in a Collins glass and stir.
2. Top with grapefruit soda.
3. Garnish with a grapefruit peel.
Honey Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Water
1. In a small saucepan, heat the honey and water.
2. Stir until fully incorporated, then let cool and refrigerate.