If you’re looking for a holiday to cheer you up about summer ending, I’ve got a great holiday for you: Basil Hayden’s Bourbon and Cruzan Rum are celebrating by mixing up a batch of delicious cocktails!
The word “punch” actually comes from a Hindustani word “panch,” which means “five,” referring to the original five ingredients of a traditional punch, which includes a spirits, lemons, sugar, water and tea. Today, punches are one of the most popular group drinks, and these two cocktails are sure to be a hit at any party or gathering!
Cruzan Rum’s Paradise Punch features the delicious and refreshing Cruzan Peach Rum. Add a bit of bubbly ginger ale and other complementary flavors, and you’ve got a simple, large-batch libation that will take you back to the paradise of summer and help savor the few days left in the season.
If you’re more of a bourbon fan, then Basil Hayden’s Ginger Punch is the perfect combination of spicy and sweet. Made with the signature spicy finish of Basil Hayden’s Bourbon paired with ginger liqueur, tart lemon and sweet pear juice, this punch gets a unique twist with the addition of cinnamon syrup and prosecco.
CRUZAN PARADISE PUNCH
Recipe by Jesse Card
- 12 parts Cruzan Peach Rum
- 12 parts Ginger Ale
- 4 1/2 parts Honey Syrup*
- 3 parts Lemon Juice
- Combine Cruzan Peach Rum, honey syrup and lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Stir to mix and refrigerate.
- Add Ginger Ale right before serving.
- 6 parts Honey
- 6 parts Hot Water
- Combine 6 parts Honey and 6 parts Hot Water. Stir and set aside.
BASIL HAYDEN’S GINGER PUNCH
Recipe by Brian Stewart (Los Angeles, CA)
- 6 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 4 parts DeKuyper Ginger Liqueur
- 3 parts Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 parts Pear Juice
- 2 parts Cinnamon Syrup
- 16 parts Prosecco
- Add Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, pear juice, and cinnamon syrup to a punch bowl, stir and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, add prosecco.
- Serve over ice in a small punch glass.