Over the coming weeks, Male Standard will be bringing you recipes from America’s most award-winning craft distillery, Bendistillery, as created by their sample room board testers, and brought to you with a pride and passion second to none. To help you prepare, as we venture into these unique cocktails for ourselves, we have listed the top picks from this artisan collection so you can join in the fun with us. Each bottle is signed by the craftsman responsible for the delicious nectar inside, and offers an affordable luxury for the every-man; we know you are going to be thoroughly impressed!
Crater Lake Vodka ($24.99, 750ml)
It’s the Water! Crater Lake in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon, long regarded as the purest water in the world, is our inspiration for Crater Lake Vodka. Melting snow, percolating through porous lava rock, forms the source of this extraordinary water. Mimicking this natural process, we filter our vodka ten times through charcoal and crushed lava rock. Then, a portion of each batch is rested briefly in new American oak. The result is vodka recognized internationally for its exceptional smoothness. You will notice a soft, spring water character with a hint of vanilla on the finish.
- Platinum Medal, Sip Awards International Spirits Comp., 2010
- Four Stars, Beverage Experts, 2009
- Gold Medal & 92 points, Beverage Tasting Institute, 2008
- Gold Medal & 92 points, Beverage Tasting Institute, 2003
- Silver Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2000
Crater Lake Gin ($24.99, 750ml)
Crater Lake Gin is a return to the roots of American gin. At 95 proof and the juniper infused after distillation, it is a modern interpretation of the compound gins that were so common in America a century ago. Pure Cascade Mountain water and juniper berries handpicked from trees growing wild in the Central Oregon high desert – some over 1000 years old – give our gin a clean, crisp flavor that is not muddied by an array of competing botanicals. This is a gin for the golden age of the cocktail.
“It’s gin made the old fashioned way.”
– The Wall Street Journal
- Four Stars, Beverage Experts, 2009
- Silver Medal, World Beverage Competition, 2006
- Bronze Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2000
Crater Lake Reserve Vodka ($65.00, 750ml)
We have always felt that our Crater Lake Vodka – crafted with pure Cascade Mountain water and filtered 10 times through charcoal and crushed lava rock – produced one of the smoothest vodkas in the world. That was before Batch #333.
Mistakenly left to filter over 100 times, the result was an extraordinary vodka with a purity and smoothness that surprised even us. Today we celebrate this happy accident with our limited release Crater Lake Reserve Vodka, an exquisite vodka for the true aficionado, unmatched in purity and smoothness.
- Double Gold Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2007
- Gold Medal & 94 Points, International Review of Spirits, 2007
Crater Lake Pepper Vodka ($24.99, 750ml)
Starting with our award-winning Crater Lake Vodka, we infuse a blend of 5 different sweet and hot peppers to create a balance of flavor and spice. Originally created to be the perfect Bloody Mary vodka, Crater Lake Pepper Vodka has proven to be far more than just another flavored vodka, mixing well with pineapple, mango, and a variety of other flavors that could use a bit of spice. Limited only by your imagination, it is as equally at home in the kitchen as in the bar.
- Gold Medal, Fifty Best Flavored Vodkas, 2012
- Gold Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2004
- Four Stars, Spirit Journal, 2004
Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso Vodka ($24.99, 750ml)
Starting with our award-winning Crater Lake Vodka, we infuse fresh brewed espresso and hazelnuts then add a touch of pure cane brown sugar. The result is rich and sophisticated but not too sweet; truly the cleanest and classiest dessert vodka on the market.
- Double Gold Medal, Fifty Best Flavored Vodkas, 2012
- Gold Medal, Fifty Best Flavored Vodkas, 2011
- Platinum Medal/Best of Show, World Beverage Competition, 2006
- Gold Medal & 93 points, Beverage Tasting Institute in 2003
- Silver Medal, San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2003
Crater Lake Sweet Ginger Vodka ($24.99, 750ml)
Our Sweet Ginger Vodka starts with fresh whole-root ginger that has been crystallized with natural cane sugar. It is then blended with our award-winning Crater Lake Vodka to create a spirit that is rich, complex and layered. The spicy tingle of the ginger hits you first but is then immediately balanced with a subtle sweetness. Like all of our spirits, Crater Lake Sweet Ginger Vodka is 100% natural with no artificial flavors or colors. The difference is obvious with one sip.
For more information, please visit http://www.bendistillery.com/