On Monday, February 17th, America will honor our each of our Presidents past and present and in honor of this holiday, Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon teamed up with Chicago mixologist Charles Joly to create a cocktail to honor our very first President – George Washington. We know George Washington was famous for “chopping down a cherry tree,” but did you know he was actually a big fan of the fruit itself? To celebrate Washington’s presidency we’ve created Basil Hayden’s Presidential Cherry Spice, which combines Washington’s favorite fruit, cherries, with the spicy trademark finish of Basil Hayden’s to create a cocktail that is perfect for toasting our first President.
There is no better way to get a taste of American history than drinking Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon – after all, it is America’s Native Spirit. Sir Basil Hayden Sr. began distilling his bourbon in 1796, when our very first President was in office. Basil Hayden Sr. “broke the rules,” when creating his bourbon whiskey and with rich hints of peppermint, notes of pepper, slight citrus overtones and a spicy, warm finish Basil Hayden Sr.’s recipe became a masterpiece.
Basil Hayden’s® Presidential Cherry Spice
Recipe by Charles Joly – Chicago, IL
- 2 Parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 3⁄4 parts Heering® Cherry Liqueur
- 1 dash Fee Brothers® Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters
- 2 parts Milk Stout Beer
- Fresh Nutmeg
1. Combine Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, cherry liqueur and bitters in a mixing glass.
2. Add ice and shake.
3. Roll in the milk stout beer.
4. Strain into an old fashioned glass with ice.
5. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and cherry on top.
For more recipes, please visit http://www.basilhaydens.com/.