Throughout March, the NCAA Tournament kicks into high gear and 68 teams begin the quest to rule the college basketball universe in all its glory. Over the run of the month, underdogs will rise, brackets will bust, stars will be born and dreams will die. It truly is a sporting event unlike any other – there’s a reason they call it March Madness, after all.
To celebrate, we’ve five delicious recipes from J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky, Crown Royal, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka, to make your party a slam dunk. Whether you’re watching from the sidelines at home or a friend’s house, these cocktails will make you the MVP of the night. All you need is a few ingredients and your squad on speed dial to kick things off!
J.P. Wiser’s Buzzer Beater
J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whiskies are crafted with the finest ingredients in white oak barrels and aged at least three years for a smooth and refined taste. This full-flavor whisky offers a rich aroma with a body that is complex and perfectly balanced. Discover how they stepped up to the free-throw line with these March Madness cocktails.
- Mix 1 part J.P. Wiser’s with two parts cola and 1/4 part Malibu rum in a highball glass over ice
- Squeeze in half a lime and garnish with a lime wedge
J.P. Wiser’s Backboard Crusher
- Combine equal parts J.P. Wiser’s, orange juice, and cream soda in a highball glass over ice
- Garnish with an orange half-moon
J.P. Wiser’s Fast Break
- Combine 1-1/2 parts J.P. Wiser’s with 1 part apple juice and cranberry juice in a highball glass over ice and top with soda
- Garnish with a lemon wedge
This whisky-based cocktail is perfect to sip on while watching your team slug it out on the court. Made with just three ingredients, The Three-Pointer with Crown Royal Deluxe is a delicious cocktail to share with friends; it is sure to be a slam dunk throughout the party and the added lemon will add a delicious bite to game time rivalry.
- 1.5 oz. Crown Royal Deluxe
- 5 oz. Lemon juice
- 75 oz. Simple syrup
- Garnish with lemon wedge
Down Home Punch
If you’re not a whiskey fan, or you are entertaining gluten free guests, check out Tito’s Handmade Vodka, produced in Austin at Texas’ oldest legal distillery. They use old-fashioned pot stills and taste-test every batch. Their process requires more skill and effort than others do, but it’s well worth it.
- 8 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz orange-flavored cognac liqueur
- 8 oz pomegranate juice
- 4 oz lemonade
- 4 oz orange juice
- 8 oz cup soda
- A dash or two of cinnamon
- Frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries)
Tito’s and Root Beer
- 1 1/2 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- Top with root beer
- Pour Tito’s Handmade Vodka into cocktail filled with ice.
- Top with root beer.
- Stir and enjoy.
Leave a comment below and let us know what team you’re supporting! Please drink responsibly.