You almost always want what you can’t have. When you were young, you wanted to be older. Now that you’re older, you wish you looked and felt younger. What gives?
Since the feelings aren’t going to go away magically, and because society tells you that you have to look like you’re 21 even if you’re 58, I’m going to give you some tips on how to look younger. Live it up.
- Exfoliate. Getting rid of dead skin cells is an obvious way to look a little younger (if maybe only a few days). If you do it every day, you’ll look even better. PS- Make sure you use a facial moisturizer.
- Brush your teeth! Sure, it may seem obvious that your teeth need to be cleaned. However, brushing your teeth is just like exfoliating: it gets rid of the dead stuff. Don’t forget to brush your tongue!
- Whiten them too. Just brushing your teeth probably isn’t enough at this stage. You might want to purchase an at-home whitening kit to make them even more sparkly.
- Use sunscreen. Sun damage can make you look old, fast. Make sure you wear sunscreen and sunglasses if you are heading outdoors for a half hour or more. Reapply it every few hours.
- Stop smoking. There are many reasons you shouldn’t smoke. If you need another one, though, just remember that it makes you age quick.
- Dress nice. If your wardrobe gives off vibes that you’ve given up, you will look unconfident and- no offense- old. Dress a little more stylishly. If you look put together, people will most likely automatically assume you are a bit younger than you actually are.
- Go hairless. If you have a well-groomed beard, fine. However, big tufts of wild ear and nose hair scream “old timer.” Get rid of that stuff.
- Watch your diet. You don’t have to go crazy, but check yourself a little. Did you know that too much sugar can lead to wrinkles?
- Lose the lenses. If you wear glasses, try contacts. Glasses are associated with old people. That’s just how it is.
- Take a hike. Exercise. Getting your heart pumping every day will keep your stress level low and, of course, keep you fit. Exercise is also helpful for maintaining good posture.