Thursday, July 24th marks National Tequila Day, and what better way to observe the tequila-aficionado’s favorite holiday than with a specialty cocktail from Tequila Don Julio. The spirited day celebrates the tremendous growth that the tequila industry has seen over the past couple of years due to the increased availability of high quality tequilas and a growing appreciation for the category. What was once a bottom-shelf spirit meant for shooting with lime and salt has now become one of the top contending spirits in the luxury liquor category. So this year, call upon Tequila Don Julio, Mexico’s original luxury craft tequila to celebrate authentically. With six variants in the portfolio ranging from Blanco through Extra-Añejo, there is a choice for any tequila-lover!
Try mixing up the Este Lado, created by mixologists Marshall Altier and Ben Scorah. Impress friends with this beverage made with quality ingredients including Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime juice, English Cucumber and mint.
Este LadoEste Lado
Created by Mixologists Ben Scorah and Marshall Altier
1 1/2 ounces Tequila Don Julio Blanco
1/2 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
Slice of English Cucumber
Mint and Cucumber Wheel Garnish
*To create Simple Syrup:
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Water
- Bring water to a boil and dissolve sugar into boiling water.
- ce the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely. Can be prepared one day ahead.
- Muddle English Cucumber and mint sprig in simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Add Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh lime juice and ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents over ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and cucumber wheel.
1 drink, no drink contains more than 0.6 fl oz alcohol