After revitalizing an entire truck market segment with the launch of the Chevy Colorado, Chevrolet is continuing to innovate the midsize pickup segment. The high-performance, off-road Chevy Colorado ZR2 trim level will launch this spring for the 2017 model year with a starting price of $40,995 MSRP including a $940 destination fee.2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
“ZR2 is truly a segment of one and does everything well — from traversing heavy two-track trails to high-speed desert running and full-on rock crawling. Taken in the context of serious off-roading, $2,000 will buy you 50 years of annual passes to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah,” said Sandor Piszar, Chevrolet Trucks marketing director.
“Some vehicles that customers might cross-shop with ZR2 can spec out as much as $26,000 more than our truck — or the price of a well-equipped 2017 Colorado. When you buy a ZR2 at the starting price of $40,995, you are getting all the significant off-road technologies standard with the vehicle, as well as an eight-speed automatic transmission and a wealth of other features at no additional cost.”2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 – interior
Available options on the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 will include:
- Class-exclusive 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, capable of 186 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque
- Choice of crew- or extended cab configurations (including short and long beds, respectively)
- 7-speaker Bose premium audio system
- Dealer-installed, bed-mounted spare tire carrier
- Full-length black vinyl floor (no additional cost — standard interior features leather seats and carpet)
The ZR2’s options and standard features can be found in length at the Chevy Pressroom. The 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 goes on sale this spring.